Making Pallet Furniture (Sold out)June 18, 2022
Home » Making Pallet Furniture (Sold out)
Transform waste pallets into gorgeous bespoke furniture for your home and garden
A hands-on workshop for anyone who wants to get started with upcycled furniture. Tutor Dieter Brandstatter will take you through every step – from sourcing your pallets and planning your project to marking out and using power tools safely.
- Duration: one day
- Upcoming date: Saturday 18th June 2022
- Start and finish times: starts at 9am and ends at 5:00pm
- Fees: £75
- Includes: tuition, all materials, lunch
- What to bring: as this is a highly practical course, safety boots are required.
- Terms and Conditions:
- you must be 18 years or over to attend our courses.
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
This course provides an overview of the tools and techniques used in taking apart a pallet and upcycling it into something new and unique.
The step-by-step hands-on workshop covers:
- Pallet sourcing
- Taking apart a pallet
- Using the whole pallet with as little waste as possible
- Ways of connecting/joining planks together
- Marking out
- Using hand tools safely
- How to use power tools safely
You will gain practical skills and experience of materials, tools and construction as you go through the initial stages of constructing a piece of furniture.
Meet your tutor
Dieter has worked at CAT for the last 5 years teaching on short courses, operating the funicular railway and making products for the site. He designed and built a CNC machine (that has the capability of running off solar power) and a wind tunnel (for use in the graduate school).
Initially training in Silversmithing and Product Design, his interests lie in the sustainable values of materials, and the spatial experience in buildings. Dieter’s specialism in wood and natural wood treatments has led him to Yakisugi, a traditional Japanese method of wood preservation, which can be seen on several of the signs around site.
Making Pallet Furniture (Sold out)4th June 2022
Renewables for Households: Solar Hot Water (Sold out)4th June 2022
Compost Toilets4th June 2022