Free Webinar – Climate Justice: An introductionJune 23, 2021
Home » Free Webinar – Climate Justice: An introduction
Join us for our new series of free online webinars focused on climate justice. On 23 June, environmentalist, poet, painter and CAT Graduate School guest lecturer Judy Ling Wong kicks off the series with an introduction to the movement.
Our new free webinar series on Climate Justice features CAT Graduate School lecturers, guest speakers, students and graduates exploring the political, ethical and social contexts to the environmental crisis and how they all intersect.
Climate justice and intersectionality
The effects of the climate crisis are far reaching, but how they affect different communities globally varies greatly. Those who contribute the least to environmental damage unjustly and disproportionately suffer its harms. This injustice is a consequence of issues across social, political and ethical contexts, and it is only by considering these issues that we can address the environmental crisis successfully.
In this webinar Judy Ling Wong will offer an accessible and honest introduction to the field of climate justice. She will outline the often ignored political, ethical and social contexts to the environmental crisis, and, importantly, how they all intersect.
Judy will explore how addressing the impact of the climate crisis looks for different communities, giving examples of interventions at different levels to address inequalities. The webinar will help you form an initial picture of the climate justice movement and what it’s trying to achieve.
More in the series
- 7.30pm Wednesday 7 July 2021 – Climate Justice: A just transition
- 7.30pm Wednesday 4 August 2021 – Climate Justice: Climate change and racism
- Duration: 1 – 1 hour 15 minutes, including talk and Q&A
- Upcoming dates: Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Start time: 7.30pm
- Spaces are limited
- Booking required (see below)
- There will be opportunities to ask questions
How it works
- Webinars are hosted on Zoom and booking a place is required (see below).
- You can only book one place at a time.
- Bookings require a functioning email address as the link to access the webinar will be sent there. Only one booking is allowed per email address.
- You’ll usually receive notifications from us 1 day and 1 hour before the event is scheduled to take place.
- This notification will include a Zoom webinar link. Simply click shortly before the webinar is due to begin.
- Do not share your email link with other users. Space on the webinars is limited and each link will only give one user access.
- If you have any questions please get in touch
Meet the speaker
Judy is a painter, poet and environmentalist, best known as the Honorary President of Black Environment Network (BEN). For 27 years she was the UK Director of BEN, with an international reputation as a pioneer of multicultural participation in the built and natural environment. Judy is a major voice on policy and practice towards social inclusion.
Judy is recognised as a visionary advocate for diversity and equality. She was awarded an OBE for pioneering multicultural environmental participation in 2000, and a CBE for services to heritage in 2007. Recently, she was included in the BBC Power Women List, and the Forbes List of 100 Leading Environmentalists in the UK.
Enews Sign Up
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, events and activities from CAT by signing up to our Enews and following us on social media.