Eco RefurbishmentJune 03, 2024 - June 06, 2024
Home » Eco Refurbishment
Transform buildings into cosy, low impact, energy efficient homes.
Refurbishing our homes to make them more energy efficient is one of the key aspects of effective action on climate change. Learn from one of the UK’s leading experts in eco refurbishment and discover what key improvements you can make.
- Duration: four days:- Mon 3rd – Thurs 6th June 2024
- Start and finish times: starts at 10am and ends at 4pm on the last day
- Course fees: £600
- Includes: lunch, tuition, all materials.
- Full board accommodation is available for this course: £324 for a single person bedroom. (This option will become available once you click “Available” or “Book Now” below)
- What to bring: as this is a practical course, safety boots are required.
- Terms and Conditions:
- you must be 18 years or over to attend our courses.
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
Find out how to make critical improvements to your home to make it more comfortable, cheaper to run and better for the environment.
Learn about energy efficiency, renewable energy, water re-use and conservation, healthy buildings and hazardous building materials.
The course is ideal for builders, architects and anyone who wishes to undertake their own refurbishment of an existing building with minimal environmental impact.
Topics covered include:
- Solid wall insulation.
- Insulating materials, from the commonly available to the cutting edge, including the practical issues and compromises associated with each.
- U-values of materials and understanding the heat loss of buildings.
- Renewable energy options and sustainable water systems taught through specialist tours of the systems in use at CAT.
- Informal discussion on your own eco-refurbishment project.
- If you’re looking to turn your building into an energy-efficient, low impact home or office space, this course will help you understand where to start and give you the skills and knowledge to choose the best methods and materials to suit your needs.
Meet your tutor
Nick Parsons has worked for over 25 years in energy-efficient and sustainable building and renewable energy.
Nick carries out home energy surveys to assess potential energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy installations, and provides consultancy and project management services to individuals, small businesses and community organisations including, among others, village hall committees, faith groups and hikers’ hostels.
He previously ran a community-sector project in Sheffield, promoting and demonstrating all aspects of sustainable building, based in an eco-refurbished terraced house.
What do people say about this course?
“Presented with gusto, tons of information, a great mix of practical and theory. The facilities were great, a good learning environment, everything just flows out, you feel very relaxed and comfortable.”
“The ability to convey particularly complicated theory was excellent, and the tutors patient. I’ve been in the business for quite some time and found the course content excellent.”
“I enjoyed the practical exercises and the whole experience of staying on site. Nick’s enthusiasm and energy were limitless.”
Renewables for Households: Wind Turbines (Only four places left)13th January 2024
Zero Carbon Britain: Carbon Literacy for the Housing Sector16th January 2024
Zero Carbon Britain: Carbon Literacy for Communities Online6th February 2024
Add accommodation to your booking
Would you to stay at CAT during your short course? Simply add the short course to your cart and then choose the option provided.
- Full board and accommodation while your course is on – £324 single
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org