Eco Refurbishment: Live onlineJuly 03, 2021 - July 10, 2021
Home » Eco Refurbishment: Live online
New live online course exploring how to transform buildings into cosy, low impact, energy efficient homes.
Making our homes more energy efficient, allowing us to massively reduce our emissions use, is crucial to rapidly reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and achieving zero carbon. On this new online version of our popular Eco Refurbishment course you’ll learn from one of the UK’s leading experts on eco refurbishment and discover what key improvements you can make.
- Duration: two days (two separate Saturdays, one week apart)
- Upcoming dates: Day 1: Saturday 3rd July 2021, Day 2: Saturday 10th July 2021
- Start and finish times: both days start at 9:30am and end at 5pm
- Fees: £130 total for the two days
- Includes: tuition, question and answer sessions, online course materials
- Terms and conditions
- You must be 16 years or over to attend this course
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
Over the course of two days, find out how to make critical improvements to your home to make it more comfortable, cheaper to run and better for the environment.
Through case studies, live lectures and online discussion and Q&A sessions, this course will help you understand where to start and the best methods and materials to suit your needs.
Ideal for builders, architects and anyone who is looking to turn an existing building into an energy-efficient, low impact home or office space with minimal environmental impact.
This online course is run over two consecutive Saturdays to keep the online format fresh and engaging and allow reflection time.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the heat loss of buildings – making U values work for you
- Insulation materials, including the practical issues and compromises associated with each
- Air-tightness and ventilation in refurbishment
- Solid wall insulation – external (EWI) and internal (IWI) treatments
- Insulating suspended timber floors
- Insulating rooms-in-the-roof
- Incremental refurbishment – how to maintain a ‘tight’ (in terms of air-tightness and insulation continuity) building if you have to do the job one stage at a time over a long period
- Case studies of eco refurbishment projects
Meet your tutor
Nick Parsons has worked for over 25 years in energy-efficient and sustainable building and renewable energy. He carries out home energy surveys and provides consultancy and project management services to individuals, small businesses and community organisations.
Nick runs training sessions for a variety of training providers, from half-day courses to four day residentials. He previously ran a community-sector project in Sheffield, promoting and demonstrating all aspects of sustainable building, based in an eco-refurbished terraced house.
Free Webinar – Climate Justice: An introduction23rd June 2021
Nature Detectives Family Day26th June 2021
Introduction to Renewables for Households (Sold out)26th June 2021