Eco Refurbishment: Live onlineFebruary 05, 2022 - February 12, 2022
Home » Eco Refurbishment: Live online
Explore how to transform houses and buildings into cosy, low impact, energy-efficient homes on this online course.
Making our homes more energy-efficient, allowing us to massively reduce our emissions use, is crucial to rapidly reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and achieving zero carbon. On this new online version of our popular Eco Refurbishment course you’ll learn from one of the UK’s leading experts on eco refurbishment and discover what key improvements you can make.
- Duration: two days (two separate Saturdays, one week apart)
- Date: Day 1: Saturday 5 February 2022, Day 2: Saturday 12 February 2022
- Start and finish times: both days start at 9:30am and end at 5pm
- Fees: £130 total for the two days
- Includes: tuition, question and answer sessions, online course materials
- Terms and conditions
- You must be 16 years or over to attend this course
- For full list of terms and conditions click here
What you will learn
Over the course of two days, find out how to make critical improvements to your home to make it more comfortable, cheaper to run and better for the environment.
Through case studies, live lectures and online discussion and Q&A sessions, this course will help you understand where to start and the best methods and materials to suit your needs.
Ideal for builders, architects and anyone who is looking to turn an existing building into an energy-efficient, low impact home or office space with minimal environmental impact.
This online course is run over two consecutive Saturdays to keep the online format fresh and engaging and allow reflection time.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the heat loss of buildings – making U values work for you
- Insulation materials, including the practical issues and compromises associated with each
- Air-tightness and ventilation in refurbishment
- Solid wall insulation – external (EWI) and internal (IWI) treatments
- Insulating suspended timber floors
- Insulating rooms-in-the-roof
- Incremental refurbishment – how to maintain a ‘tight’ (in terms of air-tightness and insulation continuity) building if you have to do the job one stage at a time over a long period
- Case studies of eco refurbishment projects
Meet your tutor
Nick Parsons has worked for over 25 years in energy-efficient and sustainable building and renewable energy. He carries out home energy surveys and provides consultancy and project management services to individuals, small businesses and community organisations.
Nick runs training sessions for a variety of training providers, from half-day courses to four day residentials. He previously ran a community-sector project in Sheffield, promoting and demonstrating all aspects of sustainable building, based in an eco-refurbished terraced house.
Virtual Open Day: MSc Courses (Fully Booked)22nd October 2021
Virtual Open Day: MArch Sustainable Architecture Part 225th October 2021
Zero Carbon Britain: Carbon Literacy for Local Authorities (Sold out)1st November 2021