This post is based within the Finance and Central Administration part of the organisation. It will suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience in a finance role and knowledge of Sage accounting and payroll software.
The Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) is an internationally renowned environmental charity, a world-leading eco centre, and one of the foremost providers of postgraduate environmental education in the UK, based near Machynlleth in Mid Wales.
CAT provides inspiration, education and training in solutions to the climate and biodiversity emergency.
Key activities include a visitor centre where people can see solutions in action, residential, in-person and online short courses and events, vocational training, and postgraduate degrees in a wide range of sustainability-related topics.
Our free Information Service provides advice for individuals and our Zero Carbon Britain team publishes research and works directly with councils, communities and other organisations to help transform complex economic, social and political systems.
- Reference number: FOF220331
- Salary: £23 000 per annum
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE).
- Responsible to: Finance Manager
- Contract type: Permanent
- Location: Normally at the Charity’s site near Machynlleth, Mid Wales with some home working
- Working Days: Usually Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications: 9am 30 May 2022
- Interview to be held: Week commencing 6 June 2022
- Expected start date: 1 July 2022 or ASAP
Staff are working remotely as much as possible, subject to individual roles. Working arrangements for staff comply with all current applicable COVID-19 guidance and are updated as and when the guidance changes.
This post is based within the Finance and Central Administration part of the organisation. It will suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience in a finance role and knowledge of Sage accounting and payroll software. The postholder will carry out specific functions within the Finance team, including in relation to student finance, and provide administrative support to other functions as needed. Training will be provided on the job, with the possibility of support to study for an AAT qualification.
- To assist the finance team with bookkeeping and accounting routines
- To assist with day-to-day posting of transactions on our Sage software; primarily but not limited to sales ledger transactions
- To assist with the production of sales invoices on Sage including invoicing of students attending our Graduate School
- To assist with and then takeover responsibility for the processing of our monthly payroll using Sage payroll software.
- To assist with the production of information for management reports, including formatting of reports on Word and Excel
- To assist with administration in the finance department including student finance
- To assist with data collection and processing
- Generally to support the wider responsibilities of the finance team and Director of Finance & Operations as required
- Any other appropriate duties as defined by the Finance Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
Applications are required, CVs will not be accepted.