CAT seeks an Executive Assistant to join our team and assist our Chief Executive, Finance & Operations Director, Senior Management Team and charity Trustees.
The Centre for Alternative Technology is an education, research and visitor centre demonstrating practical solutions for sustainability. CAT inspires, informs and enables people to achieve positive changes in their personal and work lives and local communities. CAT is a national charity based in mid Wales and celebrated its 40 anniversary in 2014. The post is based at the picturesque Llwyngwern site, within easy reach of Machynlleth, the Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay.
This post is an exciting opportunity to support the leadership of a national charity at a time when the organisation is striving to increase its impact in working for a sustainable society.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for administering management and Board meetings (secretariat services), office and diary management for the Chief Executive and admin support for the Finance & Operations Director.
CAT is seeking a candidate with strong secretarial and administrative skills to support the effective leadership of the organisation.
The postholder will be line managed by the Chief Executive but will also work closely with the Finance & Operations Director and Trustees.
- Salary: £19,727.57
- 37.5 hours per week
- Location: Onsite and home working
- Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
- Working Days: Normally Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications: 9am 2 July 2021
- Interviews to be held: week commencing 5th July 2021
Diary and office management:
- Organisation of the Chief Executive’s diary, including planning and arranging meetings, appointments and travel and collating information ahead of meetings
- Monitoring of the Chief Executive’s e-mails, post and phone calls and dealing with administrative matters
- To provide organisational and diary support to the Chair and other Trustees when needed
- Maintain records of Board and management minutes, correspondence with Companies House and the Charities Commission and other official documentation
- To provide administrative support to the Finance & Operations Director and other members of the Senior Management Team as needed
- To maintain and develop office systems
- Collating and circulating agenda papers for Board and management meetings and other meetings as required
- Taking minutes at Board and management meetings and other meetings as required and maintaining action logs
- To maintain and communicate a programme of Board, management and other meetings
- To support communication with Trustees between meetings
- To support the Finance & Operations Director and Chief Executive Officer in ensuring the organisation adheres to its governing documents
Other administrative support:
- To support the Finance & Operations Director, Chief Executive and Chair in the collation and submission of annual returns and other correspondence with the Charity Commission and Companies House
- To provide cover to other functions in the central admin team as needed
- Providing other administrative support to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team as needed, such as proof reading, collating reports and basic web research.
- Any other appropriate duties as defined by the Chief Executive Officer and Finance & Operations Director.
To learn more about the role download the full job description:Job Description - Executive Assistant