CAT Seeks a Catering & Hospitality Assistant to join our Catering team to provide a high quality service to it’s customers.
The Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) is an educational charity demonstrating practical solutions for sustainability covering all aspects of green living: environmental building; renewable energy; woodland management; energy efficiency; and organic growing. It has a unique visitor centre that welcomes tens of thousands of visitors each year and a Graduate School offering postgraduate degrees in sustainability and adaptation, environmental architecture, sustainable food and natural resources, and renewable energy. The organisation also runs short courses and educational visits, offers venue hire, and undertakes research in ways to reduce Britain’s environmental footprint via the flagship Zero Carbon Britain project.
CAT, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2014, is a national charity based in Mid Wales dedicated to researching and communicating positive solutions for environmental change. This post will be based in CAT’s site, located at the picturesque, former Llwyngwern Quarry site, which is within easy reach of the town of Machynlleth, the Snowdonia National Park and Cardigan Bay. The site is also within the UNESCO Dyfi Biosphere reserve, which is an area noted for its natural beauty, biodiversity and active sustainability and renewable technology businesses and communities.
CAT’s catering/hospitality team aims to provide a high quality service to its range of customers who include day visitors, school groups, students, course attendees, B&B guests, events and conference delegates. CAT’s café is one of the leading vegetarian and sustainable food outlets in Wales, showcasing low-carbon, nutritious and tasty food. Current areas of operation include the main café and the bar and restaurant in the Wales Institute for Sustainable Education (WISE) building.
Working as part of the catering/hospitality team, the assistant’s role is to provide front of house service to café/bar customers and CAT guests and help deliver and maintain a high standard of customer service, cleanliness and presentation.
- Ref: CHA210831
- Area of Responsibility: CAT Facilities
- Responsible to: Catering Manager
- Contract type: Permanent
- Responsibility Grade: A
- Location: CAT site near Machynlleth, Mid Wales
- Hours: Zero Hours contract
- Working Days: Spread over 7 days on a rota basis, including evenings and early mornings Split shifts may be required, dependent on business requirements
- Salary: £8.91 per hour
- Work remotely: On site
- Application deadline: Ongoing
- Interview to be held: As required
- Expected start date: ASAP – To be discussed
Staff are working remotely as much as possible, subject to individual roles. Working arrangements for staff comply with all current applicable COVID-19 guidance and are updated as and when the guidance changes.
- Working with the Catering and Hospitality team, serving customers in the cafe and the bar operating the till, cashing up, cleaning areas and restocking as required
- Working with the Hospitality team, ensuring that an excellent level of presentation and cleanliness is maintained in general public areas and accommodation
- Assisting with events
- To comply with CAT Health & Safety Procedures
- Undertake such other duties as required by the Catering Manager and Hospitality Manager.
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by the deadline stating the job title in the Subject line.
Any queries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are required, CVs will not be accepted.