Free Webinar – The extraordinary story of human beings, energy and happinessNovember 02, 2020
Home » Free Webinar – The extraordinary story of human beings, energy and happiness
Join us for our next free online webinar and get a taster of our Zero Carbon Britain course as Paul Allen, Zero Carbon Britain Knowledge and Outreach Coordinator, takes you through the extraordinary story of human beings, energy and happiness.
This Autumn’s free webinars feature our Graduate School lecturers and Short Course tutors, introducing a wide range of sustainability topics, from energy and water provision to how we can all help create a zero carbon Britain.
The human story
Paul Allen tells the story of human beings, energy and happiness – from the birth of the sun to the present day. We will explore what we as a society currently think of as ‘normality’, and what this means in relation to the climate emergency.
This story helps us better understand and un-pick today’s energy-extreme lifestyles. It helps open new conversations around a positive, zero carbon future in which isolated, stressful, over-consuming lifestyles can be replaced by a sense of connection with community and nature, delivering enormous co-benefits in physical health and wellbeing.
This webinar is based on one Paul ran earlier in the year, with some small updates.
- Duration: 1 hour, including talk and Q&A
- Upcoming dates: Monday 2 November 2020
- Start time: 2pm
- Spaces are limited
- Booking required (see below)
- There will be opportunities to ask questions
- If you can’t join us zoom we will be broadcasting the webinar live to our main Facebook page
How it works
- Webinars are hosted on Zoom and booking a place is required (see below)
- You can only book one place at a time.
- Bookings require a functioning email address as the link to access the webinar will be sent there. Only one booking is allowed per email address.
- You’ll usually receive notifications from us 1 day and 1 hour before the event is scheduled to take place.
- This notification will include a Zoom webinar link. Simply click shortly before the webinar is due to begin.
- Do not share your email link with other users. Space on the webinars is limited and each link will only give one user access.
- If you have any questions please get in touch
Meet your tutor
Paul Allen is knowledge and outreach coordinator for Zero Carbon Britain. Offering 30 years’ experience initiating ‘ahead of the curve’ research projects, backed by strong technical and practical experience, Paul has led the ground-breaking Zero Carbon Britain research for over 12 years, leading on the development of six reports and liaising directly with government, business, public sector and the arts to share their findings. He has a wide breadth of public speaking experience from UNFCCC COP conferences to local council training.
In 2013 Paul was awarded a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Fellowship grant to explore rapid decarbonisation research across the USA. He has been a member of the Wales Science Advisory Council (2010-14) and the Climate Change Commission for Wales (2007-2015), as well as a board member of the International Forum for Sustainable Energy (2008-2013). He was co-author of the ‘Culture Shift’ report for Arts Council Wales, and is a qualified ‘Carbon Literacy’ trainer (2018).
As well as presenting to active groups across the UK, Paul has delivered this presentation to a range of leading arts and educational venues including the Barbican, The Royal Opera House, the National Theatre, Donmar Warehouse and the 2016 Tipping Point conferences.
Sustainable Building Materials (Cancelled)10th May 2021
Enews sign up
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, events and activities from CAT by signing up to our Enews and following us on social media.